I have been a long time fan of those yummy lettuce wraps from PF Changs and Pei Wei and stumbled upon a recipes that comes dangerously close from allrecipes.com and I just had to share! This Rachel Castro gets all the credit, but I did tweak a few things for my personal liking and personal taste. Perhaps one day I will post pics of these yummy, yummy things, they were all gobbled up way too fast when I shared them with my Relief Society ladies!
Adapted from the recipe:
Asian Lettuce Wraps
by Rachel Castro
from allrecipes.com
16 Lettuce Leaves
1 pound ground pork
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp soy sauce
¼ C hoisin sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
¼ tsp Asian chili sauce (optional)
1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 tsp Asian (dark) sesame oil
Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not to tear them. Set aside.
In a medium skillet over high heat, brown the ground pork in oil, stirring often and reducing heat to medium if necessary. Drain, and set aside to cool. Cook the onion in the same pan, stirring frequently. When onion starts to become clear, add the garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar, and chili pepper sauce, and stir. Stir in water chestnuts, green onions, and sesame oil. Continue cooking until the green onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes. Add pork and stir.
Serve with lettuce wraps, using dipping sauce if desired.
Dipping sauce:
1 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
½ Tbsp chili sauce
Pinch of sugar
Green onions
Combine and drizzle on meat mixture inside lettuce wraps before eating.
3 comments:
sounds yummy! What were the changes you made?
I used ground pork instead of ground beef, decreased the amount of onion, increased the amount of soy sauce, used ground ginger instead of pickled ginger, and decreased the amount of asian hot sauce in the dressing.
Hi cute momma jello! We'd love to see you guys. Want to come to a playgroup tomorrow at 12pm at the Riverdale park? I'll send the invite to your facebook. Or Thursday we are free too! Samantha and I would love to get all the boys together.
Post a Comment