Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Monkeys Are Fish


Once again feeling a little spring fever-ish, I packed my little man up and met my mom for a day at the zoo! Adult admission is 9-12 dollars, but I opted for a Couple Membership which can get 2 adults and all children in for 1 year, which costs $60. At the advice of the nice lady helping me, I only put my name on and "Guest" as the second adult, so I can bring anyone with me that I wish!
First stop were the monkeys. After Parker seen them playing and climbing all over, I guess he decided they were fish, and signed "fish" to every monkey he saw. Unfortunately I don't know the sign for monkey, so I couldn't correct him, but I will be better prepared for our next trip to the zoo.
For most of the exhibits, Parker was unfortunately not quite as thrilled with the animals, but more interested in either
A) the fencing/wood slats/metal bars that keep you from getting too close
B) the cute little blond 4 year-old girl that we met up with time to time or
C) the water in the exhibits
So just for your information, in the couple pictures that Parker is looking off to the side, he's staring at the cute little blond girl :)



He also liked the lemurs



Next comes the elephants and rhinos:

He didn't quite know what to think about all the noise this elephant was making



Grammie pointing out the rhino


Up close! And probably my favorite photo of the trip.

Next came the big cats that unfortunately, Parker didn't care too much about, but he did like the waterfall!

There is a tiger hiding behind the pine tree in this pic

And perhaps the animal that came in a close second with regards to Parker's reaction would be the Bat-Eared Fox. He thought this little guy was funny, he just giggled and giggled at him.
Even though the little man wasn't too intrigued by the animals this trip, I am still looking forward to frequenting the zoo. It was nice to get outside and look at all the animals myself. Parker loves to be outside and behaved himself the whole time. I am happy about my investment, and you can look forward to more zoo blogs in the future!





5 comments:

Unknown said...

He is such a cutie!! Just love him to pieces!

Great job on the blog Jenelle!

Unknown said...

How Fun! I love the Zoo! I will have to go with you guys one day!

Samantha said...

Love the blog - - I am blog stalking and got on thru Sam's blog - LOVED seeing Parker - he is growing up so fast. What a fun time for you - isn't being a mommy the best ever ? You need to try the Treehouse next - downtown O town - - LOVE YOU - invite me on too - your favorite auntie Anne :)

Kate said...

The zoo looks really fun! I love all the pictures. He looks interested enough :)

Momma Jello said...

Oh Auntie Anne, how did you know you were my favorite? ;) and of course I will invite you...