Friday, April 23, 2010

Aquatic Animal Fun


This past week, I got tired of sitting on my bum at home, and begged my sweet hubby to take Parker and I to the Living Planet Aquarium. I had been there before when it was smaller at the Gateway. And for those of you who don't know, if I was forced to live my life over again, I would have become a Marine Biologist and spent my life swimming with dolphins, sharks, and all the tiny little exotic fish. I LOVE anything to do with the ocean, and I was stoked that my hubby agreed! It's about an hour drive for us, but so worth it. It is still rather small compared to the other great aquariums in the country, but hey, it's Utah, and how often do we get to see aquatic life?
The admission price for an adult is $9, and a year membership is $20, so I thought why not? and got the membership and ended up going again the very next day with my mom, Brittany and Kayden. It was so fun both times, and Parker LOVED it.
The first night, Parker got frustrated he couldn't actually reach out and grab the fish, and that stupid glass was his enemy! Poor kid, but he figured it out.

There are interactive areas of the aquarium, including pushing buttons to hear different animal noises, and Parker is his Father's son and cannot see a button without pushing it, so pushing buttons took up a good chunk of our time! He also loved this frog kids are allowed to play on.


And, of course, who can pass up the sting ray pool? While Parker never actually touched a stingray, he loved the water just the same.


We never got a good picture of the penguins, but Parker was so intrigued and could have watched those cute little guys play all day long.

Also, while at the aquarium, we discovered he does pay attention to his Baby Signing Time video and knows the sign for fish! I was such a proud Mommy. These past few weeks he really has been a sponge and has been showing off all that he can do!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh I've heard it's really fun, but haven't been. We'll have to get a season pass too and we can go sometime!

Momma Jello said...

That would be fun, Kate!