We first found out that we were pregnant with an at-home pregnancy test. I took one the day after I was supposed to start, but it was negative, so I really thought we were not pregnant. A few days later, Aunt Flo still hadn't decided to show, so I took another and lo and behold! We were prego!
Brad says he knew all along because I get moody when I'm pregnant! Sorry, honey!
I wasn't nauseated like I was with Parker, but I was SO TIRED! Every morning I would wake up and it felt like I had just worked a graveyard shift without any sleep before or after. My limbs would feel heavy, as if I had taken a sleeping pill.
The nausea kicked in at about 6 weeks and it was AWFUL! It was so much worse than what I had with Parker and I couldn't keep anything down :(
Anyway, the reason I tell you all this is because I started to wonder why this pregnancy was knocking me on my butt, and why was it so much worse than Parker? I chalked it up to the fact that now I was chasing a toddler around and I wasn't able to rest and sleep whenever I wanted.
There was a moment when I was at work. I was walking down the hallway from the staffing office to the stairs and I was wondering if I would ever want to be pregnant again if it was this exhausting when you already had kids to take care of. Then this feeling just hit me. I knew in my heart that I was having twins. I just knew.
I ended up dreaming of two little babies and whenever I started to think of Parker meeting the baby, I thought of two little burritos. I told a few of my friends that I had this feeling that I was having twins, but qualified it with "But I'm probably just freaking myself out".
Then, on Monday night, Brad had a dream that there were two heartbeats on the ultrasound....
Fast forward to Wednesday, Brad, Parker and I packed up and went to meet Dr. Lister for our ultrasound. (I switched my OB this pregnancy, thank goodness!) After we went through my history and paperwork, I hopped up on the table for the ultrasound.
We saw the first one, and he/she looked just like an upside down gummi bear, moving it's little tiny arms and legs in some kind of gummi bear dance. So cute! Dr Lister said, "There's your baby! See his heartbeat?" and the only thing I said was "Is there only one?". She simply said she didn't know yet. She measured Baby A, we listened to his/her heartbeat, and then she looked for any other little babies. Brad was in the corner, "I hope there's only one.". Then Dr Lister said, "Nope, sorry Dad, there's two!". We both thought she was joking around, but sure enough, there was the second little gummi bear, joining it's sibling in the Secret Gummi Bear Dance.
Brad and I both let out "No way.'s" and "This isn't happening.'s" and "Are you kidding?'s".
Brad even asked the Doc if this was another lady's ultrasound and she was playing some sick joke. But no, she never said just kidding before we walked out the door.
So there you have it! We are definitely having twins, and somehow I knew weeks ago that I was growing 2 little beans!
1 comment:
Momma's intuition!! We just seem to know these things.
Post a Comment